The employment starting line is different for each individual and is based on different experiences, skills, assets and needs.
The skills and employability program will help you overcome employment-related barriers and challenges, every step of the way, to your final employment destination.
The program also includes the following:
- Skills assessments
- Professional, life and financial skills training
- Employability skills development such as time management, accountability and commitment
- Education and career exploration
- Mentor and networking connections
- Professional resume development, screening and matching
- Job shadow, placements and volunteer placements for community hours, field trips/trade tours, forums and focus group discussions
- Full-time or part-time employment opportunities, self-employment exploration, and much more
If you are a newcomer youth in high school, graduating high school or a youth neither in employment, education or training, in Windsor Essex, contact us for an intake and assessment to determine your eligibility and suitability.
Eligibility: Permanent Resident; Convention Refugee
A ZOOM ID and password will be sent to registrants