Employment Services (EMPOWER)
Employment Portal for Windsor Essex Region (EMPOWER) provides personalized advice and services to help participants assess their skills and experience, find work or start on the path to skills training.
(New) NCCE Inc. Information Videos and Documents
The resources available for clients include: information on how to apply for Employment Insurance (EI) and the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), as well as a step-by-step guide on how to complete the applications.
Additionally, there are step-by-step instructions on how to create a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) account prior to completing an online application.
The videos and guides include Information regarding eligibility factors, payment amounts to be expected from the government, as well as in-depth answers to frequently asked questions.
- NCCE Inc. Information Video – Setting up a CRA Account
- NCCE Inc. Information Video – Employment Insurance (EI) and the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
The resources available for Employers include information to help employers navigate through different supports and benefit packages offered by the federal and provincial governments. Additionally, there are step-by-step instructions on how to create a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) account for your business. All government supports and benefits applications should be sent via your CRA account.
All new COVID-19 related information will be updated frequently. Be sure to check for updates on a regular basis.
Employment Ontario Program Highlights:
- Better Job Ontario and skills training
- Interview coaching and preparation
- Employment resources and information
- Specialized workshops and effective job search techniques
Employment Ontario Program – COVID-19 Documents:
NCCE Inc. Employment Services Virtual Support for Employers with Hiring and Training
Click the button below to view the NCCE Inc. Employment Services Virtual Support for Employers with Hiring and Training PDF.
Employment Services Counsellors can assist you with:
- Employment assistance and career planning services and support to succeed in today’s job market
- Effective job search strategies including resume and cover letter preparation
- Mock interviews
- Better Job Ontario application
- Apprenticeship program
- Community services referrals and support
Services offered to Employers:
- Networking activities/information sessions
- Placement supports available for human resource planning, recruitment and workplace training
- Apprenticeship program
- Mock interviews with potential candidates, screening and referrals
- Access to local labour force
- Ontario Job Grant – If you’re an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in more information or would like to submit an application please click here. A counsellor is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the application process and eligibility: 519-258-4076
The Youth Job Connection (YJC) / Youth Job Connection Summer (YJCS)
The YJC/YJCS program is an initiative of the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development Employment and Training Division and delivered by Employment Ontario, to assist youth (15 – 29 years of age) who experience multiple or complex barriers to employment.
Barriers could include: low level of education, lack of work experience, indigenous person, person with a disability or mental health challenge, low essential skills, poverty, criminalization, addictions, homelessness, recent newcomer to Canada, victim of discrimination and others.
Youth attend paid pre-employment training workshops and receive assistance to find employment and training opportunities. The pre-employment training includes: career development/career exploration, employment related skills, job readiness skills, job attainment skills, job maintenance and career advancement skills as well as personal management (life) skills.
Distinctions between the workshops are as follows:
In addition, participants who have financial need may obtain support to purchase work or interview clothes, for transportation and skills training, etc. Employers who provide employment opportunities for a YJC/YJCS participant may be eligible to receive wage incentives as compensation for training costs.